Conference Producers identify topics for a conference through in-depth market research (desk, phone and face to face) to write and produce a commercially viable conference programme that will offer networking and knowledge transfer opportunities for paying delegates, sponsors and speakers.
This is a truly fascinating and multifaceted position, as Conference Producers are responsible for their conference from inception to delivery. This includes working with all internal teams (sales, marketing and operations) to insure the success of the event.
Moreover, if you appreciate a diverse working environment, then you will be pleased to know that conferences can take place globally and cover all industries!
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Market Research & Analysis – In-depth phone based research of key subject areas and hot topics within a particular industry sector. Identifying the target audience and finding out what they want / need to know
- Speaker Acquisition – Identifying high-level, influential industry experts and to speak at the conference. Speakers can play a huge part in attracting delegates to the conference
- Copy Writing – Writing promotional copy in the form of a conference programme, in the language of your target audience. Insuring that all sales-driven materials such as web, direct mail and email copy will maximise delegate attendance
- Project Management – Working with all internal teams, sales (delegate and sponsorship), marketing and operations to ensure the success of the conference and that it is delivered on time and in budget
- Onsite Attendance – Attending conferences to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. Often this will include opening your conference. This is an opportunity to represent the company and to network with key players and speakers within the sector. To build relationships and shake hands with the people that helped shape your agenda.
Conference Broad Topics:
- AI & Data Analytics
- Corporate Learning
- Customer Engagement
- Cyber Security
- Industrial Transformation Network
- Intelligent Automation Network
- Oil & Gas
- Process Excellence
- Shared Services